When a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon...

Did you know:

Butterflies can see red, green, and yellow.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whee 10 visitors!

Admittedly some of those were probably me, checking out how many visitors I have had - but even so... I even have my first follower!

Today has been a decidedly quiet day. For those of you who know me (and now those of you who don't), I am a vegetarian, who lives with the boy who eats what I eat, but is not vegetarian - confused now? Well he gets meat in 2 circumstances - a) he cooks it himself, b) he buys it when eating out. I am not a fundamentalist vego, just one who doesn't like meat. And for those of you who ask me when I say I am vegetarian, no I don't eat chicken or fish (yes, they are still meat), and no it's not cos I am a fundamentalist, I just don't like the taste of it!

So that aside, today I had to go vegetable shopping. It is not something that I particularly feel either way about, just something that has to happen. Today, because it was a bit of a dreary day (it is now sunnier than when I woke up, ah Melbourne, you and your 4 seasons in one day) I just couldn't find the motivation to go out. I mean I stayed at home and watched Oceans Twelve, and Doctor Who S5 eps instead. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching tv. But today felt like I SHOULD have been doing something else, apart from sitting around watching DVD/TV.

So after procrastinating for what must have been 3 hours, I finally made it to the shops and did the whole lot in about 20 minutes. A bit of an anticlimax don't you reckon? Well in that 20 minutes, I saw a woman who had cut her hand on a windscreen, managed to go around and around in the carpark 5 times, have a couple of creepy guys leer at me, and check out the bogans in full sweatpant goodness. And on the way home I had a little bit of a grumpy moment at a guy driving VERY slowly who then turned into a driveway with no indicator. How very rude.

So long story short, I managed to get the shopping done, and now have a lovely vegie curry on the go. If any one wants recipes, I love cooking and enjoy sharing my recipes, but am a crap baker so don't ask for any dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment