When a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon...

Did you know:

Butterflies can see red, green, and yellow.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Roses are red, violets are blue...

Ahh valentines day. Always a good time for card companies, candy makers and flower sellers, especially roses. I saw plenty of people with flowers and loved up expressions on their faces on the way home yesterday. It was lovely to see these outward expressions of devotion to another.

What did the Boy and I do? The Boy and I did nothing! That's right, nothing! And I am ok with that. Every day he tells me he loves me, and I tell him I love him. I would much rather he spoilt me on my birthday than on a day where everyone is supposed to be loved up. That's not to say we don't enjoy spoiling each other in other ways, on other days. Just spending time together is good fun - we make sure we enjoy life and each other.

I am not ashamed to say I love my husband and his pirate ways. And yarrr he would agree with me!

Only 364 days till the next time these sellers get more money out of everyone! Wherever you are, I hope you too have love in your life, even if it is just the dog or cat, curled up beside you, and if you don't well, you can always get yourself some flowers, a glass of wine or a beer, a good meal, and enjoy being alone - one of the most important lessons we all have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment