When a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon...

Did you know:

Butterflies can see red, green, and yellow.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lunch with Dad

Dad is down for a visit, and he thought he would be funny and ask me to lunch. In French. He speaks it (sort of), but it is not on my list of languages I am fluent in. By the rest of the text I am sent, I gathered his message meant what are you doing for lunch and do you want to have lunch with me. Being that I had no other plans for my midday edibles, I said yes.

Lunch was at a restaurant nearby, and was not bad, though the service was quite slow, and the food portions to cost ratio was quite high. The reason it was not bad was because I don't get to see my family very often, and I am a little bit of a Daddy's girl. Always have been. He once told me that he always wanted either a girl or a cow. Now it doesn't seem affectionate, but that's just the way my Dad is. A little off beat, a little quirky (gee I wonder where I get that from..) and I wouldn't take him any other way.

So anyway, plan is he is coming over for dinner as well. Should be interesting. At least the food portions will be generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment