Melbourne, you have out done yourself. It is Winter already, and we have apparently had one of the wettest Summers on record. It is absolutely crazy when you think about it. Does this have something to do with global warming, is it a natural cycle of the weather patterns, does the hole in the ozone layer play a part, or are we just all doomed (cue thunder and lightning)?
I am actually wearing a scarf to work. And while I love wearing scarves, it is just a little too early in the year just yet.
So while I was lying in bed this morning thinking about which scarf I was going to wear, and whether I would need to wrap myself up in the blanket to go outside, I was debating the merits of an international holiday later in the year. I think it would be awesome! (time to convince hubby) I have some time up my sleeve from work, and obviously would have more by the time the holiday rolled around, and really I want to go somewhere it is a little warmer! New York is somewhere I really want to get back to, and I have been rolling the idea around in my head that I could spend 2 weeks in the US, wandering, meandering, generally dawdling, enjoying the warmth, may even make my way through to Mexico or South America ( I know, it's cold down there then), depending on time and funds, and who wants to come with me.
In order to enact my plan, and without a wealthy benefactor, I think I may need to get a second job. Maybe a bartender. This has two benefits - 1. Money. 2. Meet new people. Which is the whole point of this blog anyway!
Either way, I want (and will get!) my warmth back!
No comments:
Post a Comment