I must preface this by saying, I don't drink a lot. But what I like I drink on occasion. Today's choice of tipple was a Whiskey Sour. I bought the whiskey (Jameson regular if you must know), in honour of St Patrick and his chasing of snakes. Dad and I shared a couple of drinks on the day, and I thought I would have one tonight whilst playing around on the internet.
Now, in my humble opinion, you should drink what you enjoy, and only while you enjoy it. It has been a motto I have lived by, and it has served me well. If I feel like drinking a red fizzy non alcoholic beverage over an alcoholic one then so be it. It is no fun to be hungover after a few beverages, and as such these days I am what is also known as a "two pot screamer". Or a cadbury.
So in order to make my current favourite drink you require:
*1 shot whiskey
*1/2 shot sugar syrup (check online for SUPER easy syrup making instructions)
*2/3 shot lime/lemon juice ( I currently have a nice mix of lemon and lime juice which works well because I enjoy drinks a little less sweet these days)
150ml soda water
Super simple construction, place whiskey, sugar syrup and lime/lemon juice in glass or shaker. Muddle or shake and pour into glass. Add soda water. If the ingredients are already cold you don't require ice, otherwise you might want to add a couple of ice cubes. Enjoy while cold.
Now the husband has walked in asking if I am blogging. Sprung. I said I am writing about how much of a booze hound I am and he chortled and said I am not - see friends and fellow internet people, really I imbibe very little. But what I have, as I said, I enjoy. What about you my fellow internetians? (please excuse me, the "cadbury's" has caught up with me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment