So last night I made a realisation and a decision. The realisation was that if I don't get another job, and/or stop spending money, I am never going to get overseas again, and I am never going to be able to afford a house. This realisation prompted me to second realisation. I only have to save enough money (really), in order to pay for the air fares and travel/accommodation expenses. I have a job and I will be taking leave from said job in order to go on this big trip. So that said - I will have day to day spending money, and some for souvenirs, clothing, jewellery etc (see above!).
So the decision I made was this - stop spending money on my credit card for frivolous purchases. Money will still be spent on essentials (food, phone, occasional nights of entertainment, presents etc), but the rest goes into savings. I have worked out that if I do that I could have enough money to go away in about 5 months time. That is really exciting. What is more exciting is that I am not planning on leaving for another 11 months - so imagine what I could do with what is saved then!
These plans are for my 30th birthday - I want it to be awesome. I want it to be FANTASTIC. Most of all I want to be travelling again!
Help me live my word of the day, without being a miser people!
Today's word of the day is:
Frugal - adjective
1.
economical in use or expenditure; prudently saving orsparing; not wasteful: a frugal manager.
2.
entailing little expense; requiring few resources; meager;scanty: a frugal meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment